If a female member of your family had a doctor’s appointment, I`m sure you would have preferred it, that she was going to a female doctor. If your daughters wanted to learn swimming, I`m sure you would want the teacher to be a female. If we want less issues for girls/women in this society, we would have preferred that there were some women in the places where they interact the most.
It is so weird that people want their girls to be educated, but after their marriage, most of them has to stay home. Men want doctors as their wife, but yet would prefer it if she stayed home. What is the point of taken a degree if you`re not going to make it of any use? If we want the women of this Ummah to be active in the community we have to help them through the hurdles of everyday life so that they also can contribute. Because they have a lot of potential, and should be heard.
When we let the girls and women of this Ummah take an education or work, we have to know that they are going outside of the safe zone “home”. We need to make sure that they are safe. They will meet all kinds of people be it at workplace or at the university. Some people would look at them with the wrong intentions. We need to prepare them for how they are going to react to that, how they can prevent it, and if they come in a dangerous situation, how to get out of it.
Some points that can keep you safe :
- Correct hijab is very important. A least it would minimize the dangers.
- Girls/women should learn self-defence.
- Walk in groups.
- Ask your parents to pick you from the station. If it`s dark outside and late.
- When you`re alone, don`t take shortcuts through the forest.
- Walk where there are people.
- Don`t talk with strangers.
- Always let your family know where you are and who you`re with.
- Stay away from cars that stop by to ask the address of any place.
- Another thing that is quite important is that, just because there are other people in a place, doesn`t make it safe. I heard about some young boys here in Norway, who were drowning. They called for help. Even though there were people there that heard them, no one helped them.
These point will at least minimize the risks. Girls /women has to be cautious wherever they are and whoever they`re with.
Just think about it, if you raise a daughter/sister and she becomes a doctor, teacher, nurse, scientist or anything similar within the boundaries of Islam, she would be a powerful contributor to the community. We need people in the community that helps the Ummah rise again. To help them through their difficulties. Every good deed she does, even if it is in her job-description, you would reap a reward as well, because you made it possible for her. Every person she helps, good deeds will be transferred to your account, without it decreasing in her own reward. You can do the calculation. Allahu Akbar ❤
May Allah give us barakah in our lives, keep us steadfast on the deen, help and guide us throughout our lives, accept our good deeds and sincere efforts and give us inspiration to help the Ummah rise out of every problem. ❤ Ameen summa ameen.